How to find your skincare routine?
We all want clear and glowy skin. It is simply not a question of luck or of DNA, beautiful skin is the result of your daily habits. Here are a few tips to help you get to find your skincare routine.
Step 1 : Know your skin type
We hear a lot about knowing your skin type but what does it mean exactly? It is knowing the characteristics of your skin. How your skin feels at its natural state. There are four skin type :
- “Normal skin type” is used to describe skin that the production of sebum is well - balanced. It is enough to hydrate the skin without leaving it greasy.
- Dry skin does not produce enough sebum. As a result the skin lacks lipids and feels tight and itchy.
- Oily skin produces too much sebum. As a result, the skin appears to be shiny with visible pores.
- Combination skin is a mixture of dry and oily skin. The forehead, the nose and the chin also referred to as T zone is oily whether the rest of skin feels dry.
A licensed professional such as a dermatologist or an esthetician can help you determine your skin type or a skin diagnostic test can be taken online. Here is the one we made to help you in this process. Knowing your skin type is the key to answer what a person’s skin needs.
Step 2 : Create a simple routine
The basics of a skin care routine are simple :
- cleanse with a face cleanser ( oil cleanser,gel cleanser, milk cleanser , cream cleanser)
- treat with a toner with actifs or a serum (occasionally with peeling or a mask)
- Hydrate your face with a moisturizer
- Protect your skin with a sunscreen (during the day)
Once you managed to add these basics to your daily routine it is easier to add actifs for specific skin goals.
Step 3 : Add actifs according to your skin goals
Depending on your needs, toners, serums and other actifs for exfoliation or hydration such as mask, peelings can be added to a skin care routine. The same goes for the body skin care routine.
Step 4: Listen to your skin and be consistent
When you are setting up a skin care routine, always listen to your skin especially when you are adding new actifs to your routine. It is recommended to do a patch test to determine your skin sensitivity and reactivity to a product. To see the result of a routine it takes time. So be patient and consistent.
If you need help creating your routine do not hesitate to take our skin quiz as it will guide you to some products according to your skin type.
Feel free to leave us a comment or send us a message on social media. You can also pin our article on Pinterest.